White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake
Quite possibly one of my favourite desserts (chocolate, biscuits AND fruit – what’s not to love?!?) and super simple to make! My sister introduced me to the original recipe here which is flippin’ tasty but as with most recipes I tweak it a little 🙂 Below is my version – let me know what you think!
For the biscuit base
- 150 g dark chocolate covered digestive biscuits, crushed
- 75 g butter, melted
- 3 tbsp good quality raspberry jam
For the filling
- 600 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 65 g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (or more to taste)
- 500 g cream cheese
- 50 g caster sugar
- 180 ml whipping cream
- 1 punnet raspberries, plus a few more to decorate
- Crush the biscuits.
- Melt the butter then stir it into the crushed biscuits, adding a teaspoon of raspberry jam to the mixture.
- Press the mixture onto the base of a 23cm springform tin.
- Spread the jam evenly on top of the biscuit base and place the base in the fridge whilst preparing the filling.
- Put the chocolate, butter and vanilla essence in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water until melted. (I like to leave a few little lumps of white chocolate that hasn’t quite melted but it’s up to you!)
- In another bowl mix together the cream cheese, sugar and whipping cream to a smooth consistency.
- Stir the melted chocolate mixture into the cream mixture. Gently stir in the raspberries, being careful not to release the juice.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the biscuit base and place in the fridge to set for 8-24 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, decorate with a few whole raspberries.