“So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.”
The very lovely Searching For Sugarplums wrote this and I couldn’t think of a better way to put it. For those of you who have subjected yourselves to reading any of my proverbial soapbox posts you’ll be aware I quite like the whole celebrating and encouraging others thing. In fact; I wish there was a lot more of it going around! Who doesn’t like someone being nice to them?!?
Anyway, I was very kindly mentioned in Searching For Sugarplum’s Liebster Award nominations and am therefore very pleased not only to accept but to be able to nominate 11 brilliant bloggers from my little online community 🙂
These are the rules for accepting a Liebster Award:
- The award is given by bloggers to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
- Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set you.
- Choose eleven new bloggers to pass the award to, and link them in your post.
- Create eleven new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- Each blogger should post eleven random facts about themselves.
Firstly, I would like to encourage you to take a peek at the posts of blogger who nominated me. I love that she has named her blog Searching For Sugarplums because she wants to “turn ordinary moments into celebrations when I can”. Her baking makes my mouth water just looking at the pictures (and my poor waistline is also going to suffer from my attempts at the yummy recipes). Check them out for yourself and you’ll see what I mean!
Now the first (and best) part; my nominees 😀
Tales and Tea, Laura’s Mess, The Surfer Stoke Project, The Quiet Baker, The Sassy Apron, Women’s Health And Fitness, Whole To The Core, OccuPIE, Mama Going Natural, Stumble Then Rise, A Full Spoon Of …
… aaaaand the question’s I’d love to hear their answers to;
- Why did you start blogging?
- Who is your hero (or heroine) and why?
- Best piece of advice you’ve been given?
- Favourite quote?
- One thing you’ve learnt this year?
- One goal for this year?
- When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Favourite food?
- Where would your ideal holiday destination be?
- If you could learn one new skill or take up one new hobby what would it be?
- What do you see as your greatest success?
Finally; the answers to the questions I was set;
1) What’s your favourite quote?
Ooooooh I have SO MANY! A few of my favourites are; “In cordiae vis vitae” (the power of life is in the heart), “People were created to be LOVED. things were created to be USED. The reason the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used”, “If you think you’re too small to make a difference; you’ve obviously never been in bed with a mosquito!” and “Do not gloat over me my enemy for though I have fallen, I will RISE” Micah 7:8
2) What activity gives you the most meaning and satisfaction?
Spending time with those considered outcasts by society and by doing so having the privilege of being able to be a part of their lives. It is so incredible to see someone start to realise that they are worth something, begin to believe in themselves and discover the beauty of hope.
3) What’s your favourite thing to bake (or have baked for you)?
I love food! I love baking anything that will make the recipient feel special – whether that’s their favourite dish or a cake decorated to resemble something meaningful to them. As far as having something baked for me – YES PLEASE (I’m not fussy)!!
4) What motivates you to get up in the morning?
Sunshine (although that doesn’t often happen here in the UK), knowing that what happens today could change a life (even if it’s not mine) and anything involving yummy food for breakfast!
5) Who do you admire the most and why?
Hmm this is tricky. There are so many people who are pretty darn inspirational! I think Erin Gruwell (Freedom Writers Foundation) is awesome and there are many more names I could drop but to be honest I admire anyone who is fighting on behalf of those that society has given up on or rejected. Oh, and Ben&Jerry are probably my favourite men in the whole entire world
6) If you had a garden and could only grow three things, what would they be?
Mint (for the smell and yummy use in the kitchen), a grass lawn and multicoloured roses (especially pink ones)
7) Is there anything that makes you smile just thinking about it?
Stories of triumph over adversity get me every time! Dance always puts a smile on my face and I also love rubbish jokes that are so terrible they’re good 😀
8) What is your idea of the perfect meal?
One eaten with people I care about that includes lots laughter, scrummy cocktails and delicious desserts
9) What did you like to imagine as a kid?
That I was going on holiday (every day), that two fairies lived at the bottom of the garden and that I was the pink Power Ranger. Wow. Put like that I sound completely crazy!
10) What do you daydream about now?
Sunshine, dance and what I could be doing if I wasn’t stuck in traffic!
11) Is there a food or drink that always makes you feel better? What is your idea of comfort food?
Whenever I was ill my mum would make me tomato soup or a baked potato so they spring to mind! Chocolate or fruit juice tend to put a smile on my face too!